14 Days ~ Fully escorted
Two departures per week, April to October
Journey to all four corners of Ireland, from the Dingle Peninsula and Kinsale in the south, to Connemara and Cliffs of Moher in the west and Giant’s Causeway and Slieve League Sea Cliffs in the north. Hidden gems on this tour include the Dark Hedges, famous from Game of Thrones, and meeting the locals at unique farm visits.
- Knappogue Castle Medieval Banquet
- Taylor’s Three Rock Pub Dinner/Show
- Sheepdog Trials
- Irish Night at Wm Cairnes Gastro Pub
- Slieve League Sea Cliffs
- Historic Kinsale Walking Tour
- Sightseeing by luxury coach
- Professional tour director
- 13 nights in hotels listed
- Full breakfast daily (B) except on day 1
- 10 dinners (D) including
– Taylor’s Three Rock Pub dinner and traditional show
– Knappogue Castle Medieval Banquet
– Wm Cairnes Gastropub farewell dinner
– 7 table d’hote dinners
- 2 Lunches (L)
- Welcome get-together drink
- Tours of Dublin & Belfast
- Walking tours of Kinsale, Galway, Derry and Drogheda with local guides
- Horse-drawn jaunting car ride in Killarney
- Irish coffee at the South Pole Inn
- Sheepdog trials at Caherconnell
- Coffee and talk on Irish life at Standun of Spiddal
- Killary Fjord catamaran cruise
- Dan O’Hara’s Homestead Farm
- Slieve League sea cliffs followed by home-baked scones with coffee or tea
- Step dancing display in Cabra Castle Hotel
- Dublin open-top bus tour with a visit to Guinness Storehouse or General Post Office
- Visits and admissions to Dublin Castle, Russborough House, House of Waterford Crystal, Bishop’s Palace, Blarney Castle, Blarney Woollen Mills, Blasket Centre, Foynes Flying Boat Museum, Cliffs of Moher, Lissadell House, Belleek Pottery Factory, Triona Design, Donegal Castle, Giant’s Causeway, The Dark Hedges, Titanic Belfast, St. Patrick Centre and Boyne Valley Visitor Centre & Newgrange or Knowth Tomb
- Headsets for walking tours
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
- Free Wi-Fi on coaches and in hotel lobbies
2016 Jewels of Ireland 14 Days / 13 Nights
Day 1: Dublin Castle & City Tour
Your Irish trip starts at 2:00 pm when you meet your guide at your Dublin hotel and set out on an introductory tour of central Dublin. Visit Dublin Castle, which was the seat of power and government for many centuries. Back at your hotel enjoy a welcome drink with your tour director and fellow travelers and dine independently this evening.
Day 2: Russborough House & Taylor’s Three Rock
Drive to Blessington for a guided tour around Russborough House, a Palladian mansion filled with interesting treasures, works of art and early photographic collections. Return to Dublin where the afternoon is free for an independent open-top bus tour with a visit to Guinness or General Post Office. Head to Taylor’s Three Rock Pub for dinner with traditional music, songs and step-dancing.
Day 3: Waterford Crystal & Kinsale Walk
Travel south to Waterford for a tour of House of Waterford Crystal to watch skilled craftspeople blow and cut crystal to create special trophies. Visit the 18th century Bishop’s Palace, furnished to show life in Georgian times. Drive through Cork to Kinsale, a delightful old fishing town, which is now renowned for sailing and gourmet food. Join a local guide for a short walk around Kinsale’s historic streets.
Day 4: Blarney Castle & Killarney’s Jaunting Car
Visit Blarney Castle to kiss the famous stone and shop at the Blarney Woollen Mills for quality Irish goods. Travel to Killarney and take a horse-drawn jaunting car ride through Killarney National Park to Ross Castle. Drive along the Dingle Peninsula and stop for an Irish coffee at the South Pole Inn before continuing to your charming manor-house hotel in Dingle.
Day 5: Scenic Dingle Peninsula & Blasket Centre
Explore the Dingle Peninsula to enjoy mountain and shoreline views. Visit the Blasket Centre in Dunquin to learn about the offshore Blasket Islands, inhabited until 1953 by hardy farming and fishing families. Return to Dingle and enjoy a light lunch. The rest of the day is free to browse around this charming town.
Day 6: Cliffs of Moher & Knappogue Castle Banquet
Visit the Foynes Flying Boat Museum, which recalls air travel in the 1930’s and 1940’s. Drive to the Cliffs of Moher, a dramatic wall of rock that plunges to the Atlantic Ocean. Check in to your hotel in the marketing town of Ennis. Drive a few miles to 15th century Knappogue Castle for a medieval-style banquet with entertainment.
Day 7: Sheepdog Trials & Galway
Travel through the rounded limestone hills of the Burren to Caherconnell and watch a farmer work with skilled dogs to round up sheep. Stop in the coastal village of Ballyvaughan and drive into Galway for a guided walking tour around the central attractions.
Day 8: Connemara Catamaran Cruise & Farmhouse Visit
Head to Standun of Spiddal for coffee and a talk. Drive through Connemara to Leenane for a short catamaran cruise of Killary Harbour to view great scenery. At Dan O’Hara’s Homestead, see traditional farming methods as well as Connemara ponies, donkeys and chickens. Savor a farmhouse lunch before returning to Galway.
Day 9: Lissadell House & Donegal Bay
Drive north through County Mayo and in County Sligo tour Lissadell House, a magnificent country estate that has strong connections with the 1916 Rising. Tour the Belleek Pottery Factory to see craftspeople create the renowned fine china. Stop in Donegal town for free time before driving to your hotel two miles outside the town.
Day 10: Slieve League Cliffs & Donegal Castle
Drive along the coast to view Europe’s highest sea cliffs at Slieve League, which make a sheer drop to the wild Atlantic waves. Enjoy coffee or tea with home-baked scones. Visit Triona Design in Ardara for demonstrations of spinning and knitting. Stop in Donegal town for a tour of Donegal Castle, built by the O’Donnell chieftain in the 15th century and return to your hotel.
Day 11: Derry Walk & Giant’s Causeway
Take a walking tour with a local guide to see Derry’s medieval walls, the Diamond and St. Columb’s Cathedral. Pause for photos at Dunluce Castle before exploring the Giant’s Causeway, enormous hexagonal columns formed over 60 million years ago. See where “Game of Thrones” was filmed along the scenic Nine Glens of Antrim route and drive to your hotel in Belfast.
Day 12: Titanic Belfast & Cabra Castle
Tour Belfast to see Victorian buildings and the shipyards where RMS Titanic was built in 1912. Visit Titanic Belfast to learn about this famous liner through state-of-the-art displays. Learn about Ireland’s patron saint in the St. Patrick Centre before driving to Kingscourt to your lovely castle hotel, built in 1760. After dinner, watch a step-dancing display.
Day 13: Neolithic Tombs & Drogheda
Visit the Boyne Valley Visitor Centre to learn about the 5,000-year-old burial tombs of Newgrange and Knowth and walk through one of them. Continue to Drogheda to join a local guide on a leisurely stroll around the historic town. Check in to your hotel and enjoy a farewell dinner in the Wm Cairnes Gastropub with live musical entertainment.
Day 14: Tour Ends in Drogheda
Your program ends after breakfast. Drogheda is 30 miles north of Dublin Airport so ensure you have appropriate transfer arrangements made.
B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner
Prices from … $2298 pp/do plus taxes ** book by April 30/17 and save up to $250 per couple
Airfare is extra
We highly recommend insurance. Please inquire about this option as rates are not included in the price.